PhD in Higher Education Leadership, Management and Policy. Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ. Currently at a dissertation stage. Degree expected May 2017
M.A. in Education Leadership, Management and Policy. Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ. Degree conferred in May, 2013
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature. Magna Cum Laude, Kean University, Union, NJ. Degree conferred in May, 2005
NJ DOE Teacher of Spanish Standard Certificate #797097
NJ DOE Supervisor Certificate #961335
Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching. 2016-2017
Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society in Education President Award. June 2016
Experiential Education Award. Seton Hall University. May 2013 Student Exchange Award Recipient. Chelyabinsk, Russia. Studied linguistics and communication. September, 2000-May, 2001.
Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society in Education, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ. President. 06/2015-present
- Lead all general membership and Executive Committee meetings
- Guide the Executive Committee in setting chapter goals
- Work with Executive Board to create chapter programming plan
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with chapter members
- Collaborate with KDP headquarters to foster chapter community engagement.
Bernards Township School District, Basking Ridge, NJ. World language teacher. 12/2012-present
- Designed and implemented instructional strategies to promote World Language acquisition.
- Took part in evaluating current World language curriculum.
- Created four teacher education workshops.
- Continuously and successfully communicated with all stakeholders to ensure achievement of all students.
- Implemented various technology methods to keep students on task at all times.
- Collaborated with international colleagues on various projects.
- Regularly employed differentiation activities in the classroom to accommodate every level (I&RS, 504, and special education accommodations).
- Incorporated Character Education methods to challenge students and to foster creative thinking.
- Utilized available student data to improve student achievement.
Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ. Adjunct professor, Department of Russian and Eastern European Studies 11/2012- 05/2013
- Utilized rigorous, out-of-the-box learning methods and used a variety of instructional strategies designed to assist students in meeting their language objectives.
- Designed authentic and experiential lessons for Russian language and culture.
- Promoted critical thinking in the target language via three modes of communication.
- Collaborated with faculty on “Begin with the End in Mind” strategies to foster student success.
Somerset School, North Plainfield, NJ. School administrator intern. 07/2012- 01/2013
- Provided daily leadership to students and staff members.
- Utilized family and community resources to foster parent engagement.
- Coached teachers on strengths and weaknesses to improve instruction, organization and classroom management.
- Took part in recruitment of new teachers, and engaged in reflective practices after.
- Examined data from NJASK scores to determine student growth.
- Collaborated with staff on various community outreach projects: Dining Out, Back to School Night, Somerset School Newsletter, G.R.E.A.T., and M.A.L.E.S.
- Aligned curriculum with Common Core Standards.
- Analyzed district-wide data in creating a middle school advisory program.
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education
- Phi Delta Kappa Education Honor Society
- The Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education -ACMHE
- New Jersey Education Association
- The European Higher Education Society – EAIR
- American Educational Research Association- AERA
Locks of Love Hair drive volunteer, Bernards Township Community Center. May 2015
Children’s book drive, Bernards Townships Schools. December 2014
La Resistencia! Movement in Honduras (virtually). My students collected monies and sent to Honduras. Little Ferry Public Schools. March, 2012.
Tapas Night Celebration volunteer, Bernards Township Schools. April 2013, 2014, 2015.
Back to School Night volunteer translator, North Plainfield Schools. September 2012.
Proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Apps, Administrator’s Plus, OnCourse, Blackboard.
Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Superior analytical skills
Fluency in Spanish and Russian
International travel experiences
Europe: Switzerland, Ireland, England, Estonia, Lithuania, Austria, Germany
Latin and Central America: Costa Rica and Peru
Asia: India, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam
Chile for 5 months in March 2017 (part of the Fulbright grant)